XBRL Visualization with the Style
How to visualize (render) your XBRL Instance document in a few steps with Altova StyleVision.
- Prepare you XBRL fillings or download some valid fillings from SEC site.
- Download Altova StyleVision (30 days trial) and install it on your computer.
- Start Altova StyleVision and click File -> New -> New from XBRL Taxonomy.
- Point to you Taxonomy (Schema) document and click Open.
- Assign prepared Instance document by clicking Browse -> Open.
- On the left side of the screen you will get Schema Tree with available Elements, Concepts, Periods,…
- On the center of the screen is report designer.
- Type “My First Report” header in report designer and format it using Formatting toolbar.
- Drag one of the available concepts from Schema Tree under the report header.
- XBRL Table Wizard pops up – drag Period into Column Breakdown and Concepts into Row Breakdown. Click OK.
- You will get a table in report designer.
- If you click some of the Preview tabs you will render your report into appropriate format.
- Click File -> Save Generated Files -> … to create .xsl transformation for the choosen format.
- Project -> Save Project.
Posted by Ilija Šuša
on Oct 21 2009. Filed under Training
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
You can leave a response or trackback to this entry